A curated collection of 13 (hey that’s lucky) helpful tutorials to help you learm how to draw hands. Several of these tutorials are targeted for beginners, because drawing hands can be a tricky subject for sure.
The wonderful FOERVRAENGD’s Excellent Tutorial
Click the image and it will take you to a hosted version on waybackmachine by archive.org
This is the one I made, where I posted it here:
- Proko’s Excellent How to Draw Hands from Imagination Article + Video
- An amazing video full of detail and anatomical analysis.
- Human Anatomy Fundamentals: How to Draw Hands
- Hand Tutorial 2 by Qinni on DeviantArt
- One of my favorite artists wrote an amazing tutorial on how to draw hands. It’s clear, concise, and illustrates her beautiful style.
- How to draw hands | Creative Bloq
- Another great site!
- Mini Hand Stock Masterpost
- Having good references is essential when learning how to draw hands. You also have the best reference right there in front of you!
- Connecting hands/arms/feet/legs & full hand tutorial- @thundercluck-blog
- One of my absolute favorite art blogs! They have amazing tutorials, and this tutorial on how to draw hands is excellent.
- Anatomyzone’s 3D Hands Medical Atlas (technology by biodigital human)
- Learning anatomy really helps you in understanding what you are drawing. I recommend studying up and looking over the anatomical components of hands. This will give you a nice framework of understanding.
- @cgcookieconcept‘s great hand tutorial & gesture drawing hands tut
- A great site for learning concept art. They have a detailed style and have mastered drawing hands.
- How to draw hands - Video tutorial by boybogart
- Videos are always useful, and I like this one because it is clear and offers a few great tips.
- Book: Andrew Loomis’ Drawing The Head & Hands
- An amazing resource! Andrew Loomis has some of the best anatomy books and drawing books, and is well regarded in the art world.
- How to Draw HANDS and HAND POSES! - Video
- If you are a visual learner, this tutorial is for you.